Re: [GENERAL] Backend cache invalidation initialization failed... HUH?

От Herouth Maoz
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Backend cache invalidation initialization failed... HUH?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 1:25 +0200 on 4/12/98, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> 6.4 has better cache code, which I am sure will fix this.

Don't be very sure... So far, I have not managed to successfully install
6.4 on my Solaris 2.5.1 (has very wierd regression results), and I saw
another complaint to the same effect (can't create database) from another
Solaris 2.5.1 user, who also claimed to have had problems with PG 6.3 (I
never got around to installing 6.3 so I wouldn't know). Now, this is the
third complaint about Solaris 2.5.1 which I see, and I have a bad feeling
some factor was introduced with 6.3, which broke Solaris 2.5.1
compatibility.

Which would mean that I'll have to say goodbye to Postgres, especially
since the mailing lists (I posted mine to this [GENERAL] list as well as
the ADMIN list and got no response of any kind).

It would be a real shame.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.